Friday, March 6, 2009

mar. 6

Brekky:  morning smoothie, then 0.5 oz brazil nuts after yoga.

Lunch: steamed vegetables and a dip I made up which is a combination of two different dips from the Fuhrman website.  I guess I'll call it chickpea-avocado-eggplant dip.  I really liked it and ate a lot and got so full I saved the fruit salad for dinner.  The vegetables were carrots, celery, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower.  I love this meal.

dinner:  fruit salad (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, banana--two servings are shown in the picture), a quick easy salad made of arugula, chopped olives (salt-free), vinegar, and yellow bell pepper.  I wasn't that hungry so it wasn't a huge salad.  Ate a big carrot while preparing.  had an orange for dessert.  oh, had an apple while preparing.  It was a very good apple--braeburn.  

I didn't count my calories today--didn't feel like entering the dip recipe.  I think I learned most of what I need to know already from the exercise.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! You are so my idol. I want to learn to eat like that!

My biggest challenge is changing my mindset. I just can't wrap my head around eating a bowl of steamed veggies and dip and calling that dinner! Good thing there are so many healthy stews and soups, so I can ease into the transition.

kneecap said...

oh my gosh, I'm still full from it, let's see, 18 hours later! I did eat a lot of it. :) It was a long and gradual transition for me too, so be patient with that mindset of yours. The great thing is, it really does get easier over time because the ideas get reinforced with practice, and both the good and bad experiences get reinforced. :)

-barb

Anonymous said...

Nice looking meal!Knee, that dip fusion sounds good :)