Sunday, March 15, 2009

mar 15

It's true, grains do fill you up.  I was still full from last night's pizza for about half the day today.  Plus it was a busy and emotional day (included a memorial service and friends in need), and I tend to lose my appetite when I feel a little depressed.

Brekky:  morning smoothie, 0.5 oz brazil nuts

snack:  apple, carrots

late and hurried lunch:  baked sweet potato, 1/2 cup peas, raw carrot.  I've been taste-testing jewel vs garnet, and the jewels win hands down--sweeter and less stringy.

late dinner:  tangerine, carrots & celery, big easy salad, small orange.  The valencia oranges are good again after 2-3 weeks of being somewhat dry and tasteless.   I am ignorant about why that is.

Total calories:  1246, protein 32 g (8%), carbs 250 g (75%), fat 23 g (17%).

We're going on vacation in a week so I'm trying to think of foods I want to eat that I can only cook at home.  Baked sweet potatoes and beets are high on the list.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're going through a tough time. I alluded to the same in my blog from last night. It's tough dealing with a death. Sending good thoughts your way.

A nice vacation will probably do you some good :). Take care. Oh, and the oranges were maybe from a different seller? Grown in different places, different soil, environment, etc. makes a huge difference.

Hugs

kneecap said...

Thanks Strix, sorry to hear about your loss too.

I'm looking forward to vacation!

Yeah, the oranges were from a different seller. I can tell by looking at them if they are going to be good now. But I get them anyway, because housemate loves her nightly orange juice.