Monday, August 3, 2009

aug. 3

Today I enjoyed my meals and I think they were well-balanced and highly nutritious. I think this would be a "black-belt" day in Dr. Furhman's book because it satisfies his recommendation of beans, greens, nuts and seeds and fruit.

Late brekky after yoga: small musk melon. 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds. It was close enough to lunch I decided to stop there.

Lunch: Our standard late summer fare: fresh corn on the cob with avocado butter (2 ears). fresh veggies: today was green beans and carrots and green pepper; and some pinto beans flavored with herbs from the garden and a little black fig vinegar. fresh Michigan peach at the corn stand. This is definitely our favorite time of year and our favorite foods.



















Dinner: 3 carrots, some salad greens, 1 peach, a collard green smoothie, and 2/3 cup pinto beans (fair amount of liquid so I made it 2/3 cup instead of 1/2).

I forgot to mention one more thing about the splurge urges. Sleep deprivation really contributes to this because I don't feel as good as normal so I'm looking for something to make me feel better. I've had two good nights' sleep in a row and today I didn't have any cravings. So that's something to keep in mind.

No comments: