Monday, August 24, 2009

aug. 24

brekky: 1/2 musk melon + 1 oz brazil nuts. I ate this at the co-op with some friends after yoga. They ate "nothing muffins." I was tempted but I did prefer my breakfast.

lunch: 3 ears of corn, avocado butter and a small lazy salad: salad greens, chopped tomato (fresh from the garden),1/2 chopped yellow zucchini, and 1 Tbsp blood-orange vinegar---easy and good. Everything except the avocado and vinegar were local and fresh. so it was yummy. the 3 ears of corn was too much though. I should have just had 2. I got three because corn season is going to end in 2 weeks, and I haven't had it in 5 days. but still, 3 ears was too much.















Dinner: made some lentil soup to last a few days. this was super easy: lentils, an onion, some carrot and beet juice, and water. oh, and I added cilantro and vinegar at the end. It was good. I also made vegetable juice to last several days. It had: carrots, beets, collard greens (a lot), a bunch of parsley, and 2 small apples. Needless to say, I used some of the carrot/beet juice in the soup, and some in the juice. I froze the juice into 5 bottles, each with 8-10 oz in it. I'm planning to have it for breakfast, along with 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds after exercising. I nibbled while juicing and nibbled on the soup and then ate a big bowl of the soup. I got quite full.

No comments: