Saturday, August 15, 2009

blender incident

This morning I made a big mistake with the blender. I was making a collard green smoothie and decided I didn't need the lid on because the greens covered the liquid below and it was easier to add the greens with the lid off while it was going (next time I will just do it in steps with the blender off!). The problem occurred when I started using the plunger and I went down too far and it hit the spinning blades. kablam! it was like on the old batman tv show episodes where the words pop on the screen. Green stuff went everywhere. I snapped this picture after I'd started cleaning up. The plastic container at top right is full of tea bags and they got hit too (not just on the outside).



















The ceiling got hit:












My computer was on a chair nearby to remind me what the ingredients are:




















Fortunately, the green stuff wipes right off. Apparently I did swear but it wasn't out of anger, more out of shock and fascination. I also said "oh my god" a lot. That got housemate out of bed to come see what the excitement was. Then we just started laughing. But it did make my breakfast rushed because I had a 9 am appointment to get to and had to clean up this mess and make another smoothie!

2 comments:

Darryl said...

I think all of us who have a Vitamix have done this, or will do it sooner or later. Did your tamper survive? Mine didn't, and I had to call the Vitamix people and ask for a new one. They sent me one for free, but said after that one I would have to start paying for them. Now I always put the lid back on before restarting it.

kneecap said...

Hi Darryl! The tamper is in very bad shape. I'll call Vitamix tomorrow. That's nice you got one for free. I'll see what they say to me.