Sunday, August 9, 2009

last few days

Let's see, on Friday, I had a peach and some sunflower seeds for a late brekky after yoga. Then bought a watermelon because I thought I was going to meet some friends at Michael's frozen custard for lunch. I thought I'd eat half a watermelon (small, yellow, really good) while they ate their treats. Well, that plan got canceled so I had my usual lunch, corn, leftover veggies dipped in black bean hummus, and then had watermelon for dessert. Dinner was a repeat and the rest of the watermelon. I recall overeating at dinner. oh yeah, I had a small musk melon too; an orange; and sipped on smoothies that I was making for myself and housemate.

Yesterday I had a collard green smoothie for brekky. Lunch was at a board retreat I went to. A friend of mine who knows of my eating habits supplied part of the lunch: a nice salad with green beans and toasted walnuts and cashew orange dressing; a fruit salad with strawberries, blueberries and grapes; and celery, carrots and fresh-ground peanut butter. It was fantastic. I definitely overindulged in the peanut butter. Well, I did on everything else too, but I still feel the peanut butter. Dinner was 3 corns on the cob with avocado butter, and a peach. I was still full from lunch but I can't resist corn.

Today's brekky was a the rest of my collard green smoothie (I split it into 2 portions when I made it and froze them). Lunch was 2 small mangos, 1 bag of frozen blueberries, and 1 Tbsp hemp seed blended up into a creamy sorbet. It was yummy. The mangos were ripe and needed eating. And it was great after a bike ride home on a hot day. I had an early dinner of corn on the cob (what else?) + avocado butter, and a small sweet potato and peas, quickly cooked in the pressure cooker. The sweet potato looked good in the store, like a fresh new batch, but it was from California, and it wasn't as good as the local ones. Oh well, those will be coming soon. Then I cooked a huge pot o' veggies. I snacked while cooking, on raw carrots, the beans, the food after it was cooked. but I finished up at 4:30 pm and hopefully that will be it for the day. I am plenty full.

2 comments:

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

I really enjoyed reading this. We eat very similar. I’m doing a cross between Fuhrman’s ETL and McDougall, with more of a leaning toward Fuhrman (joined his website last month when he was running the special).

I started eating this way just a few months ago. It’s made such a great change in my life it’s almost unbelievable. Not only is my autoimmune condition improving, but I’m losing weight and thoroughly enjoying everything I eat.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

--Susan

kneecap said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your comment! Your blog is great and you have so many followers--that's awesome! I see you have a link to mine from there and I appreciate it. Maybe I'll get a little more traffic from your blog! It seems a lot of people do a Fuhrman/McDougall combo. Both plans are good in my view; I just like the taste of the Fuhrman recipes better. I just saw from the Fuhrman forums that John Mackey, owner of Whole Foods, has adopted the ETL program. Maybe he can influence a lot of people. And wouldn't it be great if their prepared food bars had Fuhrman-friendly food?!

-barb