Thursday, August 20, 2009

aug 20 food

I'm still out of town for the next few days.  We're at the LPGA Solheim competition between US and Europe (women's golf).  It's pretty fun.  Today for brekky I had my other smoothie.  It was raining this morning so we had an early lunch at the hotel before leaving for the golf course.   I had the veggie pot, carrots and a tomato.   Companions had their leftover pizza and crackers and cookies.   Then I knew it'd be a late evening so I brought my dinner in a small ice chest.  I didn't need to keep it that cool with ice or anything, since the veggie pot is still partially frozen.   The opening ceremony was from 5-7 pm, so I had a snack beforehand:  carrots and a can of tomatoes (we aren't allowed to take food into the course but it was a short walk to the car and I needed a break anyway).  why a can of tomatoes?  because housemate was canning tomatoes a few days ago, and this one didn't seal so it had to be eaten.  Well, it was really good!   Sometimes the simple things are really good.   Then after the opening ceremony, I had my veggie pot while waiting for the parking lot to clear out a bit.  Companions were still hanging around looking for celebrities to talk to.  The women golfers tend to be pretty accessible and friendly.   I'm not tired of the veggie pot yet.  It's very good and way better than anything I could get at the golf course.  Companions had cheeseburgers on the golf course.  I finished off my fruit and the carrots, so will go grocery shopping tomorrow morning for some fruit and salad greens. 

No comments: