Thursday, August 6, 2009

aug. 6

brekky: leftover dinner from last night: cherries, grapes, blackberries, and brazil nuts. yummy. also ate a bowl of salad greens.

lunch: 3 ears of corn (accidentally bought too much, perhaps intentionally accidentally miscounted?) and avocado butter, steamed veggies (carrots, beats, cauliflower & broccoli) and black bean hummus. I love this black bean hummus! We had a guest over for lunch who eats SSD (standard Scottish diet) and he loved the hummus and veggies. So that's a good one to serve guests. He also loved the avocado butter.

dinner: quick dinner before going to visit friends: some leftover veggies and raw carrots and hummus; salad greens in a bowl; grapefruit; peach from Michigan (I wonder why they can grow peaches and we can't in Wisconsin).

For some reason I am behaving myself and not overeating and not eating between meals. I'm plenty full from the beans and not going hungry. I wonder why I sometimes behave and sometimes don't. I think I need a lot of positive reinforcement to eat this way, to balance the social forces. I've been listening to Fuhrman's "Eat for Health" audio book. I'm doing it for studying purposes for the Nutritional Excellence Counselor certificate I want to get. But I also think I need that reinforcement to remind me that it's okay to be different from everyone else. Maybe over time I'll need less.

No comments: