Wednesday, August 19, 2009

aug. 19

I'm on travel for the next 4 days, left yesterday, just didn't have time to post about it.  I have this electric cooler, shown here in the picture.  It is an ice chest that you can plug in to an electrical outlet in your car or hotel room, and it will cool or heat what's inside.  This was filled with 10 containers of frozen veggie-pot that I made on the weekend, and 2 smoothies that I made on Monday and didn't eat before leaving town.  Today, I ate one of the smoothies and two of the containers, so this is what's left:














Last time I did something like this, the containers stayed frozen for several days, so I think there won't be a problem with them getting old.  Even if they thaw by the last day or two, they are still kept at a cool temperature.  There is a concern that I will get tired of these meals, but today I enjoyed them.  The smoothie was wonderful, and the veggie pot was great too.  I also had brought what was left from the fridge at home:  some carrots, and tomatoes and bell peppers from the garden.  So I also had some carrots, tomatoes and a bell pepper today.  Once I finish off the smoothie and more of the carrots and tomatoes, I'll go to the grocery store and get some fruit and salad greens.  But no need right now.  This is an easy way to get my meals while I'm in a hotel.  It helps that I travelled by car so I could bring the cooler and frozen food.  I also made sure to get a hotel with a fridge and microwave.   My travel companions had the free hotel breakfast (cereal and egg sandwich), hotdogs for lunch, and dinner will be leftover pizza, crackers and cookies.   To each his own!

2 comments:

Darryl said...

Nifty portable fridge. From the photo, I can't see exactly how large it is.

When I have to travel, I can usually get a room with a little fridge (sometimes it's a few bucks extra). Then, with either a car or a store within walking distance, I can be full nutritarian. Throw a couple of bags of nuts and seeds in the suitcase, and (except for no Vitamix) it's almost like home.

kneecap said...

HI Darryl, the cooler is about 30"x18", height is about 20". I don't have a ruler so that's just a guess. yep, I agree with your philosophy. that's what I do too.