Saturday, August 23, 2008

aug 19-23 food

I guess I haven't blogged in 5 days?  I have to remember what I ate.  I have had a steady stream of guests for the last 4 weeks.  Given that, I did pretty well.  not so well yesterday though...

Okay on Tuesday I had to go to campus all day again so had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and a green smoothie for lunch.  I think I had cabbage salad as a snack.  Tuesday night I was busy too and I decided I was due for a splurge so I ate from the willy street co-op deli.  I didn't have a big meal but it wasn't particularly healthy---small portions of: mac n "cheese", lasagna, gumbo, and a mexican pie (beans and polenta) (all of it vegan, you can always assume that).  I finished it off with a cowgirl cookie (healthier version of the vegan chocolate chip cookie).   so that was my splurge.  it didn't make me feel like I was missing much.  oh, you might ask, why was this not healthy?  well, mainly that it didn't have a high nutrition to calorie ratio and too much oil and salt probably.  not many vegetables or fruit or greens to it.

On Wednesday, let's see another long day on campus, and the usual fruit smoothie for breakfast, corn on the cob and avocado spread for lunch, huge bowl of collard greens for dinner.   watermelon at lunch and dinner.   snacked on mushrooms and cherries.

Thursday, fruit smoothie for breakfast.    Lunch #1:  peeled squash with pesto sauce and chopped fresh tomato from garden.  Visitors arrived for a late lunch of corn on the cob with avocado spread, salad (lettuce, fresh garden tomato, mushrooms, orange cashew dressing), steamed potatoes and beets seasoned with chives, basil, lemon juice and maple syrup (just a touch).  Dinner snack was a green smoothie while visitors had appetizers and dessert at an Italian restaurant (nothing vegan there!  so the green smoothie is a great thing to have on hand).  Came home and drank 2 glasses of wine with visitors.   and this gave me a little hangover!   

Friday I was tired from lack of sleep and wine and I just decided to splurge again so I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and then half a bean burrito from chipotle's for lunch, nothing muffin and 2 cowgirl cookies for dinner.  the muffin and cookies gave me a bit of a tummy ache.   I kind of did this because I want to try going without grains and do more raw eating and I thought of that as a last supper kind of thing.  I just want to try it for a few weeks before I head off to a business trip.  I'm going to meet a healthy raw eater on Monday and get some tips from him.  I do think I feel better when I don't eat grains.  and this time of year it is soooo easy because there are sooo many good vegetables and fruit to fill yourself up on.   

As usual, the breakfast smoothies were a big hit with the visitors, as were the avocado spread and the corn on the cob.

Should I add my exercise log to this?  I guess so if this point is to show how to do this.  So I went to the monkey bar gym for exercise class on Mon-Thurs., and went to yoga class on Friday. 


No comments: