Friday, July 4, 2008

Zucchini "pasta" and pesto

It's zucchini season in Wisconsin so I bought one. Then in my email arrived a recipe from Vegetarian Times for Pesto "Pasta". I thought, good idea so I made something similar.

Ingredients:
1 big zucchini
pesto from your freezer. if you don't have any, you can make it as described in the Veg Times recipe link above.
canned tomato (from your garden if you are lucky) or fresh tomato, chopped (from your garden if you are lucky).

Peel the outer layer of the zucchini. Then keep peeling the zucchini onto a big plate. That's the "pasta". I wasn't sure what to do when I got to the seeds. I just ate the core, since I had plenty of zucchini on the plate. Drain most of the water from the canned tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the pesto in a bowl and mix. Then pour on the zucchini.

I thought it had a very refreshing, summer, cool taste. And it took only about 5 minutes to prepare!

No comments: