Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July 2 food

snack: apple

late Breakfast (was out all morning): Strawberry smoothie

lunch: yellow daal, broccoli & carrots. I added grapes to the daal. I just love adding fruit to food. I'm on a fruit kick.

snack: strawberries, 2 peaches

dinner: half a big watermelon.

Holy cow. I thought watermelons were just made of water. But I got really full and decided to check fitday.com. That watermelon had 700 calories in it! no wonder I was so full. It was really good. I love watermelon. But maybe tomorrow I'll just have a quarter watermelon. It also had 10 grams of fat and 14 grams of protein. That's a fair amount of both (12% of fat calories, 7% of protein). You don't think of fruit as having fat in it, but I guess most fruit and vegetables have both.

The daal for lunch was fine but I'd like to vary the spices around a bit. I think I like some more than others. Also, I am just really not in the mood for beans. I think I will listen to my moods and not eat them for a while. I'm in the mood for summer fruits and vegetables.

No comments: