Friday, July 4, 2008

Swiss chard and sweet potato

This is a general procedure for cooking greens. The main ingredients are the greens and whatever is in your fridge. so I'm just typing up what I did today:

Ingredients
bunch of greens
1 onion (today I used green onions)
1-4 cloves garlic (today I used garlic scapes, yum)
1 sweet potato and/or regular potato (today I used two small sweet and 1 small regular)
1 orange
1 Tbsp each sunflower and pumpkin seeds

I just put water in a big fry pan, turned on the stove, added chopped onion and garlic; peeled the sweet potato, cut up, added it; rinsed the chard, cut out the middle stem, then cut them up and added them; ground up sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a coffee grinder; juiced an orange; added the ground seeds and orange juice at the end. By the time you add the chard, you probably only need to cook for another 10 minutes.

No comments: