Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Trip review and new trip planning

My eating plan on my trip to the golf tournament was very much a success. Surprisingly I didn't get tired of eating pretty much the same thing, 1-2 bags of salad a day, lots of fruit and raw veggies, and nuts and seeds. Though I note that my companions did not have variation in their diet either: hotdogs, cookies, Dilly bar (ice cream), chips, hamburger and fries, and soda. Even though I ate a lot, the food digested quickly so I got hungry between meals, about the right time. I felt quite energetic too.

This plan will work well for the second part of my next trip where I'll be on a mountain top for 7 nights, and will have access to a kitchen. I won't have time to do much meal preparation so don't want to cook and clean. For the first part of my trip, I'll be in Taiwan. I will be able to eat vegan, but don't think I can control the oil and salt intake as much, so will just try to limit my quantities. On the way to Taiwan, I'll be in airports and airplanes for about 24 hours. If we were allowed to take liquids on board I could bring smoothies and be in good shape. I have a theory that the psychologists and facists are experimenting on airline passengers to see how much demeaning and ridiculous treatment we're willing to take. So I won't be able to bring a smoothie on board, but I can put a frozen one in my checked bag to eat in the hotel when I arrive late Sunday night. I could bring energy bars but you've probably figured out by now that I'm into fresh veggies and fruit--it's a relatively new fad of mine and I'm having fun with it. So I think I'll just bring a bunch of fruit in my second carry-on bag, if a second carry-on bag is still allowed. mmm, fruit, the ultimate convenience food. I hope the co-op has fresh cherries when I go.

No comments: