Monday, August 18, 2008

food aug 17

Breakfast:  half a musk melon, handful of walnuts

Snack:  nectarine, cherries, mushrooms, some lettuce.  Guests had smoothies and bagels.  They like the smoothies!

Late Lunch:  3 corn on the cob with avocado butter (this was soooo goood, like butter only better, and guess how you make it:  smash 1/2 avocado--that's it!), watermelon.  Guests had hotdogs and bratwurst and corn on the cob with lots of butter and salt, and Italian potato salad.

Late snack:  carrots and kohlrabi sticks, and large slushy water-juice thing (I half froze a water bottle filled with ice cubes and juice--some berry juice that housemate UR buys).  We were at the terrace and the guests had popcorn and beer.  I didn't want beer because I have three very long days of work ahead of me.

Dinner:   green smoothie.  Guests had fried cheese curds and large turtle sundaes.   I'm sure by now they think I am so far out and weird that they would never for a moment every consider trying to eat healthy because I am too extreme and it looks appalling to them.  They also think I'm weird for exercising a lot.  I'm anything but a role model to these dear friends because they think I'm a whacko extremist.  However, I think their eating habits are as whacko as they think mine are, and their health is poor and they are overweight, so they aren't swaying me anymore than I'm swaying them.  In fact, I haven't had any desire to splurge during their visit--I figure I'm due for a "nothing" muffin (my current favorite splurge) but I don't need it yet.  It's actually interesting psychologically how sometimes with friends and visitors you are influenced by them to go one way and other times to go in the opposite way.  

No comments: