Wednesday, August 13, 2008

chive spread for corn on the cob

My visitor Gail and I came up with this

Ingredients:
1/8-1/4 cup chopped chives
few leaves basil (optional)
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp lemon or lime juice

I'll update the measurements more as I experiment with this.

blend the chives and basil and ground flaxseed in a coffee grinder or food processor.  put in a bowl and add the other ingredients.  Vary to taste (e.g., maybe you want 1 Tbsp of the syrup and lemon instead of 1 tsp).   You can also just do this with chives and nothing else---just blend them in the coffee grinder.  They get slimy enough to work as a spread on their own.  

This spread also works for other vegetables like potatoes. 

Note:  this was okay but later on I discovered avocado spread and it was way better.

No comments: