Tuesday, August 26, 2008

food aug 24-26

time flies.  what did I eat on Sunday?  oh yeah.  smoothie for breakfast.  corn on the cob with avocado butter, and salad for lunch.  salad was lettuce, tomato from garden and mushrooms, with orange-cashew dressing (leftover from last week, still good).    In mid-afternoon, housemate UR wanted to snack on crackers so I baked some sprouted corn tortillas with pesto on them, cut into bite size pieces.  This was yummy.  Then we wanted more, but we were out of tortillas but had one more frozen baguette from my neighbor so I toasted slices of that with pesto on them for UR, and I had boiled edamame with pesto.  I should have stopped there but I thought I should eat more so I wouldn't get hungry later (dumb), so I decided to have some kohlrabi and carrots.  That made my stomach too full and bloated.  so I need to pay more attention to how I feel than to schedules.

On Monday, Aug. 25, I was gone most of the day so had half of a muskmelon for breakfast, berry smoothie for late breakfast, green smoothie for late lunch, and leftover salad and dressing for dinner.

Tuesday I had berry smoothie for breakfast.  Lunch was corn on the cob with avocado butter, and a mixture of everything left over in the fridge before grocery shopping.  so that was beets, remainders of a kohlrabi, half a sweet potato, half a small cabbage, a tomato from the garden (needed to eat it since it was leftover from canning and had no skin), garlic, boiled in a small amount of water, and I added in chives and basil at the end (since they are my most popular and healthy garden herbs).   Now the tomato did not really fit in with this.  probably not the garlic either.  I think cabbage, tomato and garlic would have been good.; or beets, kohlrabi, sweet potato and cabbage would have been good. but all together it was kind of weird.   the herbs would have been good either way.   Dinner was half a watermelon at the co-op followed by leftover cabbage mixture at home.  The watermelon was the best I've ever tasted.  It was fantastic.  It was a yellow melon, not technically a watermelon, I forget what it was called, was locally grown.  The cabbage mixture tasted better at dinner.  Then the tomatoes seemed good.  Dessert was a pluot (plum-apricot hybrid).  

I had fun at the gym today.  We had to run up and down stairs for 25 minutes and I kept up with one of the jocks.  I wonder if she was irritated by it because I'm such a weakling.  But I have clean arteries so can run up stairs I guess!   It was a really hard workout though and now I have a bit of a headache.  Oh, and then afterwards, the chin up bar was calling me and I did a full chin up, my first one since I was a kid!  wow.  so maybe I'm not such a weakling anymore.  well, now I'm only the second or third weakest one in the class, except for the chin up which I can do because I weigh less than average.  I can still barely do one full pushup.  But I can do 60 knee pushups.  Some day, I'll do the full pushups and chinups.  I never thought this would be possible but now I do think it's possible.  That's not from diet but from the classes at the gym that push me way more than I ever would on my own.

No comments: