Monday, June 22, 2009

june 20-22

It was a busy weekend so no time for blogging.   I worked Sat and Sun nights (my usual blogging time) to make up for goofing off Friday and Monday.  But I ate great.  We've been eating lots of berries because they are cheap and delicious!   Let's see if I can remember it all.

Sat. morning I had a smoothie and half a cantaloupe.  then some watermelon at our work day at church.  then grocery shopping so a late lunch which was pea-guacomole and carrot sticks and red bell pepper "sticks" for dipping. I also had a box of blackberries.  Dinner was salad made from lettuce & greens topped with berries (strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries), ground hemp and sunflower seeds, and orange vinegar.  The berries were especially good today. Housemate said she prefers  the fruit salad by itself.  I can see that, as it's more of a treat on its own.    

Sun. morning was a smoothie and half a cantaloupe.  some more watermelon at church. more grocery shopping again.  got a bag of cherries.  I've learned that when I get a bag of cherries I end up eating the entire bag of cherries.  I wish I had more discipline but I don't.  So it's good to just eat smaller meals on those days.    Lunch was essentially the bag of cherries.  it was good...  then I made a big batch of eggplant & veggies.  This has become one of my favorite cooked meals.  Housemate doesn't like eggplant, so I made her version with potatoes.  I had a small portion after making it at about 3 pm.   For dinner we went to a diner with a friend and I brought along another helping of the eggplant & veggies.  

Today, more visitors.  Brekky was a smoothie again, and half a cantaloupe.   Lunch at a state park was avocado-mango salad and fruit salad for dessert (strawberries, raspberries, banana, and cantaloupe).   Dinner was leftover eggplant dish (still one more serving left!), some carrots, while visitors ate pizza.  oh, I added some edamame to the eggplant dish.   had a few frozen peas while preparing.   half an orange for dessert.  oh, and a couple of Tbsp of pumpkin seeds.  

I'm probably eating too much fruit but this time of year, that's to be expected. 

No comments: