Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 23 & 24

Yesterday (June 23) I ate whatever emptied out the fridge before my trip.  

Brekky was a smoothie.  I used grapes instead of pomegranate juice because I didn't want to open up a new bottle.  I eventually want to wean myself off the juice because I don't want to buy all those glass bottles.  Plus fruit is healthier than juice.  I have one bottle left.  I was also trying to pare down the garden so it won't get too overgrown by the time I get back.  So I made two smoothies using grapes, frozen berries, and stuff from the garden:  mostly collard greens, some swiss chard and just a bit of kale (I love kale but not in smoothies).   I froze one and it is in my suitcase.  If all goes well, I'll drink that when I arrive in Miami at 5 pm.   

Then I got busy with work and had a late lunch which was leftover eggplant dish, and berry salad (strawberries, raspberries, banana).    I made housemate 8 smoothie servings (!), and of course sampled them.  ate my usual carrots and peas as snacks.

Dinner was lots of asparagus topped with ground sunflower and hemp seeds, and some lemon juice.   I also made a salad with lettuce (some from the garden--really good), avocado, apple, ground seeds (pumpkin & sunflower), and D'angou pear vinegar.  nibbled on frozen peas as usual.  

I was pretty full after all this.  I must have eaten a lot of seeds.  

Today I'm traveling and just eating an apple and some carrots--not that hungry anyway.  When I arrive in Miami, I'll have the smoothie hopefully.  then I have more soup in my suitcase if I'm still hungry.   


4 comments:

Tough Chick said...

I used to use rice milk in my smoothies and then slowly weened myself off and now use water. My favorite is 1 orange, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of spinach with enough water to blend. It definitely took a bit to get used to, but now I wouldn't do it any other way.

kneecap said...

Hey, I see you are from Madison and are an MGB fan. I go to MGB several times a week. Do you still go?

sounds like a great smoothie

-barb

Tough Chick said...

Yeah, I still go on occasion. I injured my shoulder pretty badly a little over a year ago, but like to do the Eischens Yoga a lot.

I have been reading your blog for a few months and love it! I hope you keep it up :)

kneecap said...

thanks so much! I go to eischens yoga when I can, usually on monday. I also go to classes at Perfect Knot because I have a few favorite teachers over there too. But I enjoy Ali too. She's fun.