Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Getaway breakfast

Today I remembered to snap photos of breakfast. I think this was my favorite meal of the Getaway. Here was the menu for today:




















This was a pretty typical menu. This is my favorite part:













oh, I forgot to include the bananas in the picture. So you put some cashew cream and bananas in a lettuce leaf and eat it like a burrito. Yummy!

Then there's tons of fruit and berries:



















And today's grain dish, if you so choose, was oatmeal and muesli. I usually pass on the oatmeal in favor of the luscious berries, but the muesli was to die for. I am making this again:








Here are the ingredients:
















We enjoyed a large breakfast knowing we wouldn't eat lunch, because we went snorkeling this afternoon. I'm so glad we didn't eat lunch because the waves were choppy! Lots of people looked green on the return trip home. After breakfast we did our usual relaxation at the lagoon. My feet and Gail's head are in the foreground. The lagoon is actually a great swimming pool, for doing nice long laps.

No comments: