Wednesday, June 10, 2009

june 10

Still in Pasadena on business travel.

Brekky:  same salad as yesterday and the day before.  This is heavenly.  In case you forgot, its about 4-5 oz of greens and spinach packed into my bowl, topped with half containers of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, some sunflower seeds, half an avocado chopped, and some blood orange vinegar.  

Lunch:  Dr. Fuhrman's Moroccan chickpea soup.  peach, nectarine, grapes, cherries, and raw almonds.  the fruit and nuts were the best part, all ripe and delicious.  I was out with colleagues again for lunch and we went to a deli so it was no problem for me to have my own food.  My colleagues ate really fast and I didn't even finish my soup before they were finished.  So I just nibbled on the fruit while we talked business.  But I felt rushed and didn't enjoy it.  I also ate too many nuts because I wasn't very hungry for dinner.  I'll try to moderate more tomorrow.

Dinner:  same as breakfast.  This is just too too good.  plus a peach and nectarine.  okay, I'm eating too much fruit.  But it's fresh and local and ripe and delicious and I'm going to enjoy it for just 2 more days.

Note #1:  I decided I like the VitaBeanaVegaMin soup best despite not liking the name (sounds clinical though I'm sure it's meant to be cute).  

Note #2:  A friend of mine said to me "Where did you get your tan?  You look so golden and radiant!"  Ha.  too funny.  I think I've only worn a short sleeve shirt outside once since last summer (we've had a cool spring in Wisconsin).   Doctors used to test me for anemia because I was so pale.  But it's true, my skin has much more color in it than before.  It's not a tan.  It must be beta carotene or something, from all the green vegetables.  and I do eat a lot of raw carrots too.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Lycopene from tomatoes can also change skin color

kneecap said...

I haven't been eating a huge amount of tomatoes but that will change in about a month!

-barb