Thursday, June 18, 2009

june 18

brekky:  not too hungry.  half a cantaloupe.  Ate some carrots and spinach while making soup.  It was pretty much this recipe for lentil soup.   I made a large batch to take some over to a friend.  I used 1/2 cup wild rice mixture, and 1/2 cup wheatberries, because that was all I had.  Normally I would have used 1 cup of the rice.  But I kind of like the wheatberries mixed in.  They give it a crunchy taste.   I used 4 cups of red lentils.  I like the 4:1 ratio of lentils and rice/wheatberries.  Like last time, I blended up cauliflower and zucchini into a creamy sauce, and added kale.  

lunch:   not too hungry.  ate a bowl of the lentil soup, and some fruit salad.   was still pretty bloated for my workout in the afternoon.

dinner:  still not too hungry.  ate a small bowl of soup, salad, and some fruit salad at my friend's house.   Then I got a little hungry when I got home.  maybe the hard workout finally got my appetite going.  I ate some cherries and berries (too many, oops).

I have to say, I'm overdosing on the beans. They are making me too bloated.  I'm probably eating too many of them.   And this time of year, I'd rather eat the berries and vegetables.  The berries are cheap and good right now and that's a rare treat.   The co-op is starting to fill up with local veggies, mainly greens right now.  I got some asparagus today.  So I think I'll cut back on the beans.  I definitely don't want them every day.   

No comments: