Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1

Today I really enjoyed every meal.  I love the food this time of year.   Here was my brekky:














I was in the mood for another salad this morning because the local greens are so good.  So I just made another batch of berry-sesame-sunflower dressing and poured it over mixed greens, sorrel, and spinach, all local and fresh.  It was soooooo gooood.  I tweaked the dressing a bit.  It was pretty much perfect, though I might try another tweak tomorrow on the amount of pom. juice to add.  yes, I will probably have this for breakfast again.  And then I will run out of greens but I'm planning to go grocery shopping tomorrow night.

Lunch was steamed kale with sweet potato sauce.  I added fresh local delicious green onions.  yum!  This is so healthy and so delicious.  House-mate, who also likes coca cola and m&ms and chocolate candy and burgers and fries, says this is one of her favorite meals!   I had my usual snacks while preparing: carrot, celery, some frozen peas.  

Dinner was fresh, local asparagus cooked in the pressure cooker.  so tender and good.  topped with lemon and ground sunflower seeds.  plus the usual carrot, celery, frozen pea snacks and an orange.  oh, and a banana beforehand, after my exercise class.   

No comments: