Wednesday, June 17, 2009

veggies, greens, & seeds












This is similar to beans, greens & seeds, but has veggies instead of beans.

Ingredients:
some veggies: I used a beet, a zucchini, some mushrooms, and some cauliflower
some onion or leek: I used 1/2 leek.
some greens: I had kale, mustard greens, baby bok choy.
some seeds: I used 1 Tbsp pumpkin and 1 Tbsp hemp, grind in coffee grinder
some herbs: I had tarragon, rosemary, cilantro, and chives from the garden.

I used a pressure cooker (PC) which made it go fast, but you can do this with a regular pot, steaming everything. Cook the longer-cooking things first (beets for 3 minutes in the PC). Then add the shorter-cooking stuff and cook some more (everything else but the seeds and herbs, 2 minutes in the PC). Then add the ground seeds and chopped herbs. Use whatever veggies, greens, seeds or nuts, herbs (dried or fresh) you have on hand.

It was great!

No comments: