Tuesday, June 30, 2009

talent show at the getaway

The last event at the Getaway was a talent show and it was outstanding. I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time. My smile muscles are going to be sore. There was lots of variety, hilarity, adorable children, and even some unbelievable talent. The format was an American Idol theme with voting. Lisa Fuhrman played the role of Simon and was hilarious. I hardly snapped any pictures because I was too busy laughing.

Here's Todd doing basketball tricks. He's owner of the Harlem Wizards.

















Here's the real talent of the show, Sonny Leigh. If you live in the Denver area, go check her out. She is fabulous. Sorry for the lousy picture.

















I was in a skit that turned out to be very funny, thanks to the creative work of Maggie and Sue, who wrote it. We showed the day in the life of a family in the year 2025 when everyone was a nutritarian.

Afterwards, Dr. Fuhrman let us take pictures with him and Lisa, his wife. So of course, I took part in that. And here we are:











Tomorrow we'll go on a morning kayak outing and then head out to Miami. We'll get a final breakfast and lunch, and then we'll enter back into the other world. It was fun to live in the nutritarian world for a week. I always eat the nutritarian way, but it sure was fun to have it served to me 3 meals a day with no effort on my part and surrounded by 120 other people eating the same food. Yep, this was a great Getaway. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to become a nutritarian.

No comments: