Friday, June 19, 2009

june 19

Another busy day.  It took me all day to recover from the lentils.  I finally felt normal tonight.  I'm going to cut back on the beans.  I don't care if I don't build muscles.  I have enough.  I froze the rest of the lentils for another time.

Brekky:  1/2 cantaloupe, a carrot, a little spinach.  I didn't eat this until about 11 am because I was still full in the morning.

Lunch:  about 4 pm.  I was finally hungry!  smoothie.  I made this about 11 am though.  This was my first smoothie of the season using garden greens!   Here they are:












chard, collards, and arugula.  It was about 5 oz.  I made my recent favorite smoothie.  It was very good.  oh, I added a small mango to it, which is probably why it was better than usual.   I also ate an apple with the smoothie.

Dinner: salad.  This was really good.  I like salads.  I like them more than beans.  Well, I like beans, just not how I feel after eating too many of them.  I did have 1/2 cup of edamame on the salad.  That is a bean (soybean).  That doesn't seem to bother me.  This salad had lettuce and spinach (local, yum), a cut-up apple and peach, avocado (a whole one, though small, yum), edamame (frozen, heated in microwave), and orange vinegar.  It was yummy.   I also ate an orange while making house-mate's orange juice.  and a carrot while making the salad.   

No comments: