Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last Supper at the Getaway

I have really enjoyed trying out Fuhrman recipes that I haven't made myself yet. Tonight was no exception. I wish I could find someone to make the desserts for me because it's the one thing I don't enjoy making--the baked ones that is. I'm a lousy baker.

Here was the menu for tonight:



















The butternut squash soup was excellent. I will make this:














I was in the mood for salad and vegetables. The salad bar goes on for three pictures here. Lettuce, beans, nuts, dressings:














tomatoes, potatoes, raw cauliflower, onion, cucumber:










beans, fruit:










fruit, and berries:










Here's the chard and vegetable medley with barley. I wasn't in the mood for this:









The salmon. I'm vegan so wasn't in the mood for this either:










Ah, here we go, simple steamed cauliflower. I was in the mood for this. Put some caesar dressing on that and it's yummy.










Then the healthy chocolate cake was really good! I have considered making this before but thought it wouldn't taste good because it has so many vegetables in it. I love it. Now if only I could get someone to make it for me!

No comments: