Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5



Day 23 of my "diet."   Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.

breakfast, 8 am, 0.15 serving of housemate's smoothie, 1 lb strawberries and homemade soy yogurt. 

lunch, 12:30:   kale with sweet potato sauce.  This sauce is fantastic.  I don't have mediterranean pine nuts so used my usual seed mixture in the sauce. I fried up (first without water) onions and mushrooms before adding the kale, cooked in some water, then added the sweet potato sauce and some beans.  and a little cinnamon and cilantro (optional).  

dinner, 5:30 pm (earlier than usual, due to a meeting):  salad from romaine lettuce and bok choy (both local!), blueberries, seed mixture, and some d'angou pear vinegar.

snack at 9 pm:  4 largish carrots (1 lb), a few handfuls of sugar snap peas (1/2 lb), one handful of grapes; and some orange remainders while making housemate's OJ.

Calories:  didn't measure

Weight:  126.6

Exercise:  biked 26 miles, bike commute 3 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • I didn't have time to measure calories and I'm thinking I have a good idea now how to ratio the high-calorie and low-calorie foods, so I'm ready to try without the calorie monitoring.
  • I probably snacked too much at 9 pm but that's what I bought so I ate it.   so I guess I should have bought less or saved it for tomorrow.  the first is a better plan for me.
  • I weighed less today, was happily surprised by that.
  • I biked fast today and shattered my previous average speed by 0.5 mph.  I felt good!  I was kind of wasted for the rest of the day but didn't need my legs to sit in my office and my meditation class. 

No comments: