- 1 potato (I used yukon gold)
- 1 onion (the sweet vidalias are in season so I used that, otherwise, any kind)
- 1/2-1 lb vegetables (I had some cabbage to get rid of and I like kale, so for me it was mostly cabbage with some kale).
- 3-5 oz homemade homemade soy yogurt or 2-3 oz of WholeSoy plain unsweetened soy yogurt (it's stronger than home-made)
- some fresh dill, cilantro (optional), rosemary or something else you prefer (or have on hand)
Dry fry the onion (heat the pan on medium heat, throw on the onions--they should sizzle--put the lid on to trap the moisture, stir occasionally, let them brown a little, then add water); add the potato and water, cook for 10 minutes while chopping the veggies and herbs. Add the veggies and rosemary and cook another 10 minutes, until the potatoes and veggies are done. Add the herbs, let cool some. Serve, pour the yogurt on top.
Here the nutritional information with 1/2 lb of veggies and 3.4 oz soy yogurt:
Calories 329; protein 13 g (12%), fat 3 g (7%), carbs 69 g (81%).
here's what it looked like before stirring: