Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17

Here are my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts for today.

Breakfast, 7:30 am:  0.1 housemate's smoothiegrains  topped with blueberries, banana and soy milk.  This was very satisfying (probably nostalgic because I spend the first 45 years of my life eating cereal with milk).  It was more enjoyable than yesterday's granola so I don't think I'll be needing that anymore.


lunch, 1:30 pm:  tacos!   again, the nostalgia factor probably dominated our enjoyment.  and it's nice to be sharing food with housemate again.  my previous food choices were not appealing to her.  Here's a picture of the meal on the table (outside on the deck) before eating:
The ingredients were chili beans, tomatoes, avocado, soy yogurt, lettuce, fresh herbs (cilantro and dill), and sprouted corn tortillas in the foil (heated in the oven).  I also had a small salad made from spinach and lettuce greens.  I also made a "taco sauce" for housemate who likes that commercial taco sauce.  this isn't healthy so I don't recommend it, but it's western dressing, ketchup and juice from the chili beans.  Good to serve your friends who aren't into all this healthy stuff.  She liked it.

Here's an assembled taco:

We enjoyed it a lot.  I was going to make some greens to go with it but we were both really hungry and I didn't want to take the time.  So we ate 3 tacos each.  I think that was too many tortillas for me because I did feel the glycemic surge from that, followed by some brief tiredness.  But it was still fun.  Next time I'll aim for 2 tacos.

Snack, 5:30 pm.  At mile 22 of my bike ride, I stopped at a shade tree with a nice view, laid on the ground, looked up to the sky through the leaves, and ate half a baked sweet potato.  Needless to say that was enjoyable.  and felt good on my back.

Dinner, 8 pm:  sugar snap peas, orange remainders, big salad and the other half of the baked sweet potato.   The salad was lettuces, tomatoes, and mushrooms briefly soaked in date vinegar and fresh herbs (cilantro, dill).  yummy:


Dessert was a small portion of jicama.  I love jicama. That reminds me that kohlrabi season should be upon us soon.  That is similar texture but not as sweet.  But I love those too.

Weight:  125.2

Exercise:  biked 31 miles.

Thoughts/notes:
  • wonderful day.  not much to report besides that.

1 comment:

attorney Palm Harbor said...

What a good thing here you shared with us.