- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats, uncooked; note: substitute any favorite grain or pseudo-grain (e.g., oat groats, oats, steel-cut oats, quinoa, even brown or black rice)
- berries or another fruit, about 1/2 lb
- few spoonfuls of homemade soy yogurt or 1 spoon of WholeSoy plain unsweetened soy yogurt (it's stronger than home-made); this is optional
- ceylon cinnamon or other favorite spice
- small amount of sweetener if you feel you need it
I soaked the buckwheat groats overnight, rinsed them, add the cinnamon, and then microwaved in water for 1 minute or 2. I let that cool while prepping everything else. If you are using rice, you would have to cook that. You could always cook a batch ahead of time, refrigerate and take out 1/2 cup for this meal. I'd cook steel-cut oats and oat groats, but would prep regular oats like the buckwheat. Add the cinnamon while cooking.
For the fruit, I used 1/2 lb of strawberries and 1/2 box of blackberries (3 oz). I cut up the strawberries.
Here's what mine looked like:
Stir and eat! I enjoyed it.
Nutritional info: Calories 300; protein 11 g (12%), fat 4 g (11%), carbs 63 g (77%).