Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19 logs


Road trip today.  I ate two sweet potatoes, 2 baked potatoes, a banana, and a head of lettuce throughout the day in the car.  Then had some beans and veggies (onion, kale, asparagus, tomatoes, herbs) and another banana for dinner.    I ate more than I needed to, maybe out of boredom while driving...
Here's a realization I had today.  I've been noticing the last few months that I like to eat most of my leftovers from the fridge without warming them up, and it's not just out of laziness (maybe started that way).   We tend to think of most cooked foods as hot-eating foods, not cold.  I never used to make soup in the summer because it was too hot.  Now I just eat it cold (after the initial bowl).  I just realized why that is so natural with this way of eating:  because our food doesn't have grease and oil in it!   that stuff is kind of gross when it's cold.   Does anyone else enjoy cold leftovers?   

No comments: