Monday, June 17, 2013

June 16 log


I'm just copying my food logs from my E2X blog.   Readers (the 1 or 2 of you), do you want food logs?  I have other ideas for posts but haven't had time to compose them.  I'll get to it.
B: baked oatmeal and fruit.  love this.
L:  sugar snap peas at the co-op.  then stopped at the bakery to get bread and brownies for housemate and a friend coming over.   I ate my baked sweet potato while friend ate brownie and coffee.  We had a nice time on the deck on a beautiful day.   One thing I'm trying to learn is not feeling like I have to have a treat when others do.   I don't need a "treat" like nuts and dried fruit (or worse, much worse) just because they are having one.  I happened to be hungry so ate my sweet potato, and actually that did feel like a treat because it's so sweet (I go for the oriental yams, with the yellow flesh and purple skins, love them! I eat them like a burrito).
spread out dinner:  I went on a 12 mile walk (training for a marathon, maybe a little too ambitious), ate a baked potato at the 6 mile mark while sitting on a bench overlooking the lake and city--I love potatoes as energy food on a hike or bike ride.   then I ate some sugar snap peas at the co-op, about 8.5 miles.  then when I got home, another baked potato, small kohlrabi, a bunch of asparagus, and a small bowl of frozen peas and corn.  yes, you heard that right.  Housemate was eating ice cream.  I didn't plan it that way but thought afterwards that my peas and corn are kind of like ice cream, frozen and sweet.   I like this sugar free life because normal foods start tasting very sweet on their own.   now if I can just continue with this attitude for the long term...

7 comments:

trish said...

I like your food logs, BUT your comments are what keeps me motivated. I don't even remember how I stumbled onto your blog (I only follow 3 or 4) but when my computer died it was yours that I was panicked to find again. I think I spent a month searching and was happy to find you again!) You do whatever is best for you...I'm toying with beginning one of my one...I had written a few "samples" and, unfortunately, lost those when the computer died. Ah, well...

kneecap said...

Hi Trish! It's easy enough for me to copy my logs to both places. thanks for your comments. I look forward to seeing your blog if you do one!

Anonymous said...

Always love the food blogs. Glad to see you back posting regularly.

kneecap said...

Hi Kristi! Great to hear from you.

BJ in TX said...

Hi - I am going to follow your blog...yes, I find food logs helpful! Thanks for asking.

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy reading your food logs.

Harley R said...

Great readingg your post