Thursday, November 26, 2009

Out of Town/holiday meals

I'm heading up to visit family for the next few days. We will be taking care of a sick relative so it won't be very celebratory. I'll bring my own food. It will be simple stuff. I already had my holiday treats ("healthy" though rich) and really don't want anymore.

I made a big pot of beans, cooked up a bunch of veggies from the fridge (brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower), cut up some carrots & celery and bell peppers; and have bags of lettuce chopped bok choy. I'll pack the beans & veggies & some seeds into individual plastic containers for two meals a day. I'll pour the veggies & beans & seeds over the raw greens (lettuce & bok choy). I'll bring a pomegranate for the 3rd meal. The raw veggies (carrots, celery, bell peppers) will be for sides or if I'm hungry.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: