Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7/31/13, I can't believe how good dinner tasted


For breakfast I did the oat-fruit bake (frozen sour cherries and blueberries in the bottom of a pan, add cinnamon, water and oats, bake for 30 minutes or so). It was fantastic.  
Lunch was
I also had a few strawberries. Then a few hours later I had a nectarine and a plum. And then some sugar snap peas. I snacked too much...
Dinner was unbelievably simple and good. In the morning, while baking my oats, I also baked onion and beets in parchment paper (idea from Char!). I had chopped them into bite-sized pieces.  They are unbelievably sweet! like candy! In the morning I had also cooked up some black beans and lentils, which is a great combination. I combined the onions, beets, and beans/lentils in a bowl, that's it.  I couldn't believe how good it tasted. Maybe I'm just weird though. I also made a salad from lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic vinegar. It was also awesome because everything was local (except the vinegar). For those in California, you always get local stuff, so you might not be familiar with lettuce shipped from 2000 miles away. It's just not the same.  We only get this a few months a year. I had a bunch more strawberries which I didn't need.  I can't resist delicious fruit.

No comments: