Friday, July 26, 2013

7/26/13


This morning, I headed to a yoga class without breakfast, which is not unusual, but I didn't eat a big dinner last night, so I was hungry when it was over. I had a lunch date with friends so I stopped at the co-op to get some food. All their prepared food is loaded with oil and salt, so I got some sweet cherries, a small banana, and a bunch of sugar snap peas. I thought that would carry me over to dinner, but Dr. McDougall really is right when he says starches are what carry you over to the next meal.  After lunch, I went to work and worked later than I planned. I was going to walk the 6 miles home but I was hungry and had visions of corn on the cob waiting for me at home; so I walked to the co-op, stopped in to get a little more food for the weekend (sugar snap peas, banana, carrots), then caught the bus home. I ate a couple of small carrots while waiting for the bus and that staved off the hunger. Then on the short walk home I went past my favorite mulberry tree that I seem to be the only one who knows about, and boy was that good. At home I had my glorious corn on the cob, and a salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber. I snacked a little while cooking for the weekend (sugar snap peas, carrots, kohlrabi, and jicama, not too much, fortunately).    
I'm going away this weekend, will bring my own food as we are visiting a plant-weak home. :) But it's easy, 5 bowls of food for BLD,BL on Sat and Sun, fruit for the breakfasts,  and raw veggies to snack on. I'll describe that tomorrow or the next day. I gotta go clean up the kitchen and pack now!

No comments: