Monday, February 22, 2010

I love me salads



















I've posted this salad many times, but I just love it and it's so easy. It's just a bag of spinach, a bag of frozen mixed berries, some seeds (today was hemp), and some D'angou pear vinegar. Takes 5 minutes to prepare, including slicing the strawberries and thawing the berries for 30 seconds in the microwave. This is my favorite dinner these days.

I didn't take a picture of my lunch today. It was beans over steamed collard greens and brussels sprouts. It was very yummy. I felt I was missing something and I realized, it was salad. I've become addicted to salads. Cooked food is delicious but it goes down too quickly and leaves me wanting more. So I think to my cooked lunches I will add my other favorite salad, which is lettuce (or bok choy), raw veggies (such as broccoli, cauliflower, red bell pepper, zucchini), cut up green apple (with skin but not core), seeds, and D'angou pear vinear. Yep, I'm in kind of a rut, but it's an enjoyable one.

Brekky was my usual blended salad and sunflower seeds.

No comments: