Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb. 5 food

Today was heavy on the salads, out of convenience.

Brekky: blended salad, apple

Lunch: huge salad consisting of head of romaine chopped, red bell pepper chopped, topped with sweet pea dressing. I ate this at a hamburger joint with 10 other people. They had burgers and fries. I should have started eating my salad before the food came because I was still eating it after we finished paying the bill.

Dinner: spinach salad with additional baby bok choy. I used spicy pecan vinegar and that was really good! And the frozen berries (thawed 30 sec in microwave) were a lot better than yesterday's fresh. Finished with some carrots and frozen peas and then felt too full. Didn't need the peas.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

Hi Barb,

I've had exactly the same experience at banquets--- everyone else has finished their little morsels, and I'm halfway through a delicious meal that I brought. I'm so deprived ;-)

By the way, your meetup group is cool, wish we could be there on the 13th!

kneecap said...

I wouldn't call their giant burgers and baskets of fries morsels. But it doesn't take long for them to eat it. That kind of food goes down fast!

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the meetup turns out. At least I will get the opportunity to make a dessert. I don't do that for myself because I would eat it all!