Monday, February 1, 2010

chocolate mousse or blueberry pudding

Okay, there is a recipe for chocolate mousse in the Fuhrman website that has sweet potato, blueberries, and cocoa powder. Well, I can't handle chocolate, even cocoa powder (I get all hyper), so I tried it without. Here is what I did.

Ingredients:
1 medium sweet potato
1 cup frozen blueberries, let them thaw some (in microwave or bowl sitting out)
1/2 oz raw walnuts
1 Tbsp date syrup (optional)
1 Tbsp cocoa powder (optional, I tried it without)

Bake the sweet potato, about 1 hour at 350 F. Let it cool a bit, take the peel off (I ate it, it was good), then blend everything. It looks like pudding:









It was almost too sweet, probably due to the date syrup. I like sweet potatoes so much by themselves I don't see the point of combining them with the other stuff. I bet with cocoa powder, it does make a fine chocolate pudding or mousse so I recommend trying this if you are in the mood for chocolate.

No comments: