Friday, February 19, 2010

salad with grapefruit & veggies




















Lately I've been enjoying eating whatever veggies and fruit are available on my salads with seeds and flavored vinegar. Easy and good! Today at the store, the grapefruit was on sale and it looked good so I decided to have one with my dinner salad. And I had leftover raw veggies from lunch.

Ingredients
baby bok choy (or lettuce or spinach)
1 grapefruit (best is Texas Riostar)
raw veggies: broccoli, orange, yellow or red bell pepper, cauliflower
1-2 Tbsp seeds (hemp, sunflower)

Chop up the greens. Peel the grapefruit and cut up the pieces. Add everything else. yum! The grapefruit and vinegar are juicy. You could probably make this with raw kale and let it sit for hours (good lunch or dinner to take on the go) and it would get tender but not soggy.

No comments: