Tuesday, September 1, 2009

sept. 1 food

brekky: veggie juice. small carton of blackberries. a few fresh figs (yum).

lunch: sweet corn with avocado butter, and a delicious quick salad made from salad greens, tomato, cucumber, red bell pepper, small pepper, and D'Angou pear vinegar. Everything was from a local farm or our garden except the vinegar. Boy was it good. Then I scraped a bunch of corn to freeze. This time I measured it. 8 ears of corn produced 5 lbs. It is so sweet and good. I didn't get everything off the ears with the scraper, so I scraped the rest off into my mouth which was yummy. I also had a couple of carrots and celery, and a few more figs.

dinner: beans & veggie dish with frozen sweet corn added to it. Plus I couldn't resist eating some more out of the bag. 1 small musk melon, local and fresh and ripe and very good. I'm overeating the corn but I don't care. Only 6 more days left of corn season.

No comments: