Sunday, September 13, 2009

sept. 13 food

Today I have a cold so I'm taking it easy. I was supposed to go to the Packer-Bear (NFL football) game tonight! This may be the only chance in my life, but someone else who is a lifelong fan used my ticket so I actually think that's better. I'm watching it on TV with my blanket and tea.

I haven't been hungry today, and plus I don't have much food, having just arrived back in town yesterday. So I drank one of my frozen (thawed) veggie juices. That was perfect because with my cold I don't taste much, and I don't particularly like the taste of this juice (it will not be made again). Then we have a bunch of beautifully ripe garden tomatoes so I had a few small ones. And I drank lots of herbal tea. If I feel more hungry and energetic tomorrow, I'll go after the kale and collards in the garden with tomatoes and garlic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed you at Bettina's. We have a suggestion for feeling down with a cold, etc. Take a shower or bath and when you have dried off give yourself a massage with organic aloe vera gel and go to bed, or wrap yourself in a blanket. Do this daily until you feel better. If you have very dry skin, after the aloe vera gel massage, massage again with organic avocado oil. From what we see of your blog you would enjoy reading Bettina's Blog.

kneecap said...

Wow, I'm amazed you found my blog. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Now if only I had some organic aloe vera gel and organic avocado oil--I'll look for it in the store when I feel better. I will check out Bettina's blog!