Saturday, September 19, 2009

sept. 18 & 19

I went on a kayaking trip this weekend, left yesterday afternoon so no time to blog before I left.

Yesterday for brekky I had a smoothie. I put in some concord grapes, blueberries, cherries and orange juice, along with the spinach, for a more sweet treat than usual. The grapes were delicious but the seeds gave it a crunchy texture, not sure how much I liked that. But I could probably get used to it. Hmm, I overate at lunch, I wonder if it was the sweetness of this that triggered it. I had a peach after the smoothie and didn't need that.

At lunch I had 2 ears of corn, and collard greens and tomatoes and onion and garlic cooked in the pressure cooker. I added the black fig vinegar and ground hemp seed. I didn't like the fig vinegar as much as the riesling raisin--oh, but I think the main reason is that I added basil. I don't think it mixed well. So I should give the fig vinegar another try. This was followed by another peach. Later in the afternoon I had 2 bananas and walnuts---unnecessary, because I wasn't hungry.

Dinner was leftover collards followed by a peach at the campground.

Brekky today at the campground was a delicious salad made from a lot of garden salad I cut yesterday, a mango, a small box of blueberries, small box of blackberries, and chopped walnuts. Fantastic.

Lunch was veggie pot. I took it out of the freezer yesterday, added some frozen corn, let it thaw in the ice chest overnight, let it heat up a bit in the kayak today, and it was still cool but tasted good at lunch. Also two small fresh local apples.

Dinner was 2 small apples, and a can of Dr. Fuhrman's VitaBeanaVegamin soup. Then when I got home I had an orange and some sunflower and pumpkin seeds (too many...).

It was a good kayaking trip.

No comments: