Monday, March 22, 2010

Mon, March 22, 2010

I'm still trying to adjust my meals to my new schedule. I don't want a big lunch because my exercise class is at 4 pm. Then I end up not eating as many calories for brekky and lunch, and can only eat so much at dinner, so my overall caloric intake has been lower than I expected. Maybe I should eat more at breakfast--or just eat more nuts and seeds. But except for being pretty hungry by lunch and dinner, I haven't notice a problem with it. I'm quite full right now at 8:30 pm and yet, according to CRON-o-meter, I only ate 1352 calories today. I guess I'm pretty sedentary apart from my 2 hour bike ride/exercise class, and I'm almost 50 years old (whoopie!). Here's what I ate.


Lunch: veggies in turnip sauce. The veggies were brussels sprouts, cabbage, and shitake mushrooms. I cooked everything in the pressure cooker, then blended the turnip with lime juice (didn't have lemon), 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, and 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds, and poured it over the veggies. I made a similar dish for housemate using her more favorite veggies: peas, corn, brussels sprouts and carrots. I snacked on a carrot while preparing, and had a kiwi for dessert.



















Dinner: big ole' chopped up salad (11 oz of greens! that's lettuce, romaine, and spinach) topped with bean soup. To the bean soup I added a sliced banana, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp shaved coconut, and 1/2 tsp curry powder. I call this my bean curry salad. It's quite good. You could use chopped apple and raisins instead of banana. I snacked on carrots, small apple, and 1/2 red bell pepper while preparing.















Total calories today: 1352, protein 56 g (13%), carbs 258 g (71%), fat 24g (16%).

No comments: