Monday, March 29, 2010

food this week

I might not have much time to blog during the week. I tend to repeat meals a lot and then move on to another set. So I'll probably do that this week. Today I decided to modify my brekky and lunch because having beans at lunch makes me too full during my 4 pm exercise class; and my brekky hasn't been big enough, making me too hungry at lunch. So I think I just need to move my beans to brekky time. Here's my plan for the rest of the week.

brekky: blended salad and 1 cup of beans (more like 1/2 cup of beans in a thick veggie broth). See Sunday's post for a description of this week's beans.

lunch: cooked veggies. My fridge has eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, shiitaki mushrooms, sweet potato, beats, carrots, rutabaga, bok choy and cabbage. And I've got canned tomatoes. So it will be a different combination every day, maybe with some ground seeds or pine nuts.

Dinner: "processor" salad made from lettuce, spinach, maybe edamame, and veggie slaw (broccoli, cauliflower, etc shredded in the food processor with the grater blade), topped with sweet pea or berry dressing, probably the berry dressing until I get tired of it. Then when I get tired of the veggie slaw, I'll try something else like bell pepper, or just chopped broccoli and cauliflower. I'm really liking raw broccoli and cauliflower on my salads these days. It's a new thing for me. I used to hate raw broccoli and cauliflower!

No comments: