Sunday, March 21, 2010

Food log for Sun, Mar. 21, 2010

Brekky: blended salad.

Lunch: cabbage salad. This was just chopped cabbage, 1 apple, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds, and 1 Tbsp orange vinegar. I ate a big carrot while preparing. Cabbage and carrots are now the only local produce I get at my co-op.
















This wasn't enough food to hold me until dinner, but that's all I wanted at the moment.

So then I was out and about and really hungry by dinner time. I was at a fancy reception and the food was not healthy-friendly. I find that the fancier the event, the harder it is to find scraps I can eat. At the lower-scale events, I can usually find some raw veggies or fruit that aren't stuffed or topped with some animal/oil/salt product. Then I went grocery shopping and finally got home to prepare my dinner salad.

Dinner was a yummy big salad of romaine, green leaf lettuce, and spinach, raw cauliflower, edamame, and blueberry-sesame dressing (a full batch!). In the dressing I replaced some of the orange juice with a kiwi. I ate a giant carrot while preparing the salad. I should have taken a picture before adding the dressing so you could see the ingredients better:















Then I added up my food totals and it was only 1100 calories! that's way too little. I thought, I feel full enough. But I don't want to wake up at 5 am hungry. So I made a little banana-cherry freeze dessert to split with housemate (1 frozen banana, 1 bag frozen sweet cherries, 1/4 cup grape juice). That was yummy but then I felt a little too full. Then I realized I forgot to add a bag of blueberries to the food log. Fortunately my total calorie intake was still reasonable. Normally I eat more but I didn't exercise much today. A lesson learned is to listen to my stomach more. I was satisfied after my dinner. However, I do dislike waking up at 5 am hungry.

Total calories: 1406, protein 42 g (9%), carbs 278 g (72%), fat 29 g (19%).

No comments: