Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"processor salad"

I got this idea from "Carrots" on the Fuhrman forums. Carrots puts a whole bunch of raw veggies, fruit, and nuts in a food processor to make a more compact salad. I like chewing my greens, so I chopped my lettuce and spinach with a knife as usual, but I put the veggies through the food processor.

Ingredients:
lettuce and/or spinach, chopped
veggies of your choice (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, bell peppers, kale, whatever you have around)
delicious dressing of some sort; e.g., sweet pea dressing or yummy berry dressing.

Put the chopped lettuce in a big bowl. Run the veggies through the food processor using the grater blade. Pour these on top of the lettuce. Pour tons of dressing on top. Spend the next 40 minutes eating it! Today, my veggies were broccoli, asparagus, and orange bell pepper. I used both green leaf lettuce and spinach.

No comments: