Saturday, March 20, 2010

sweet potato kiwi dip (with raw or lightly steamed veggies)

I'm almost embarrassed to call this a recipe. This is just what you do with the few ingredients you happen to have on hand and you feel like a quick easy meal. But it was good!

Ingredients:
1 medium or 1/2 large sweet potato, baked (1 hour, 350 F), let cool
1 kiwi
1 Tbsp hemp or sunflower seeds, or 1/2 oz walnuts or other nut (or 1/4 cup boiled peanuts)
1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice, or flavored vinegar
1/4-1/2 cup water

Peel the sweet potato and kiwi (I eat the skins of both and like them!). Blend everything in a blender to desired dipping consistency. If you want more of a sauce to pour over steamed veggies or greens, add more water and maybe some pomegranate juice. Today I didn't use any nuts or seeds because I had plenty earlier in the day--it was still great. I ate this with raw carrots, red bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, and celery:












I'm curious to try a sweet potato banana dip sometime. You never know 'til you try it if it will be awful or great.

No comments: