Tuesday, March 30, 2010

quick pressure cooker veggies

I usually eat lunch at home and I need it to be a fairly light meal (no beans, but you can add them!) because I exercise only 3 hours later. Today's meal was very good so I'm posting it. This was a somewhat random selection of veggies from my fridge, but I'd say a good combination is definitely the eggplant, tomatoes, mushrooms and pine nuts. Then just add other veggies from your fridge, like broccoli or greens or cauliflower etc Edamame would be good. It was a bit too much food though so I'm going to list smaller quantities than I used, for next time:

Ingredients:
1/3 eggplant
nappa cabbage or bok choy
shiitake mushrooms
1/2 can tomatoes
1 Tbsp ground pine nuts

Cook everything except the pine nuts in the pressure cooker for 3 minutes; let cool under pressure for a few more minutes. Grind the nuts in a coffee grinder, add to the dish and stir. I thought the combination of flavors was quite yummy. The mushrooms added a meaty taste, the eggplant and pine nuts were good. Here's what it looked like:



















Oh, and since housemate doesn't like eggplant or shiitake mushrooms I made her favorite veggies which were potatoes, peas, carrots, tomatoes, and corn. With 1 Tbsp ground pine nuts added in:

No comments: