Sunday, March 28, 2010

curbing overeating

From March 18 to March 26 I logged every piece of food I ate in CRON-o-meter. It's very instructive to do that every once in a while. It showed me that I take in about 1500 calories per day, with a protein percentage about 9-13%, fat percentage 20-30%, and the rest in carbohydrates. I get the full range of amino acids and tons of vitamins and micronutrients. The real magic is that logging my food intake really curbs overeating. For one thing, the extra effort to add in the food is just enough obstacle to make you stop when you are full. And it gets you thinking that I'll stop now at lunch because I want this treat at dinner. It's amazing how well it works.

Well, now I want to try going solo and not use this tool and see if I can listen to my stomach to curb overeating. I did notice I got hungry between meals using this tool, so I should get hungry between meals without it. That will be my gauge. That's how it's supposed to be, but I got out of the habit of listening to my body because, well, it's enjoyable to eat. But I was reminded in the last 10 days that it's much more enjoyable to eat when you are hungry. Of course, Dr. Fuhrman says this all the time. This is typical for me to learn from experience that Dr. Fuhrman was right again.

No comments: